Identity verification: what do you need to prepare? (USA)
Due to the COVID situation, if you have a piece of ID that expired after March 1st 2020,
please provide a web link from the issuer confirming its validity.
1) Prepare TWO pieces of ID
They must be valid and issued by a recognized governmental entity (only original IDs are accepted).
- The primary ID must include, in addition to a photo and signature, the first(s) & last(s) name, and the birth date
as it appears on the subscription form.
- The secondary ID must reasonably mention the first(s) and last(s) name.
Only the IDs below are accepted:
- Driver’s license
- Nexus card
- Citizenship card
- Permanent residency card
- Any additional primary ID
- Social insurance card
- Governmental birth certificate
- Employee card issued by a federal or provincial authority, including military ID (excludes cities and municipalities)
- PIV or PIV-I card (with photo)
- American indian tribe card
- Employment authorization card
Notarius reserves the right to perform additional and subsequent checks. If you do not have the necessary pieces of ID, please contact customer service.
2) Test the readability of the pieces of ID using your camera
(use a smartphone to minimize potential technical issues)
Your identity verification is performed face-to-face with one of our agent, using the videoconferencing service Zoom.us with end-to-end encryption. Please ensure that your pieces of ID are clearly readable during the test with Zoom.
- Smartphone: relaunch the test meeting after installing the App.
- Windows or OS X: click on “download and run Zoom”
Launch Zoom and
test your camera
Your pieces of ID are not clearly legible?
Your organization does not allow the Zoom?
You don’t have access to a camera or smartphone?
Note: this test does not check your Internet speed. Please make sure to use a high-speed connection during your identity verification session.