Additional security controls we add to Zoom for ID verification sessions
The confidentiality of your pieces of ID and personal information is of the utmost importance to us. We use the Zoom video conferencing platform to conduct identity verification sessions.
Here are additional controls we have set to improve security and privacy:
- The Zoom meeting ID is never reused and is only valid during the planned meeting, which lasts about 10 minutes.
- The Zoom meeting ID is random, and has been increased to 11 digits long (100 billion possibilities), making it nearly impossible for a 3rd party to randomly join a session.
- Virtual waiting room is mandatory and we only allow one customer at a time with our agent. This prevents a 3rd party to interfere in the session, even if he has the session ID.
- Video end-to-end encryption is always enabled.
- Cloud recording is disabled company wide; recording is performed on the agent’s computer.
- Zoom’s Asian data centers are banned from hosting audio/video sessions.
- Encryption is now AES 256-bit ECB.
For your security and the accuracy of the session, we strongly recommend using a smart phone.
The protection of your privacy remains at the heart of our concerns. We continuously look at improving mechanisms to increase the confidentiality of exchanges with our customers.