How to encrypt a document for a notary or a land surveyor (P7M file)?
For historical reasons, subscriptions for notaries and land surveyors include an encryption certificate.
The procedure below requires that you and the recipient have such a certificate in order to encrypt a document on your computer using the Entrust software:
- Right-click on the file you wish to encrypt and select “Entrust Encrypt File“.
- Confirm the file to be encrypted by clicking “Next” in the displayed window.
- The encryption options are displayed, the default values do not need to be changed.
- If the file is only for you, click “Next“.
- If the file is intended for one or more specific people, check the box “Encrypt files for others in addition to me” and click “Next“.
- Click on “Add” to access the list of encryption certificate holders.
- Search for the recipient of the file.
- Once the recipient has been selected, click on “Ok“. Repeat the operation if other recipients need to access the file.
- When all recipients have been added, click on “Next“.
- This last window will show you the encrypted files during the operation, click on “Finish” to finalize the encryption.
- You can now share this file with the recipient(s).